since I was home on sick leave today, i decided to cook dinner. haven’t been cooking dinner in a while ever since i started working. made risotto and damn. for my first ever try at making risotto, i’d say it went perfectly well. here’s my recipe:
- 1 can of mushrooms, sliced into small pieces
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cubes of chicken stock
- 2 onions, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons of chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of canola oil
- 2 cups of rice (uncooked)
- salad herbs
- pepper (black and white, freshly grounded)
- in a large bowl, mix the 2 cubes of chicken stock with roughly 4 cups of boiling water. mix and stir well. set aside.
- in another large bowl, mix the cream of mushroom with the stock from the canned mushrooms. stir well and set aside.
- in a medium or large pan, melt the butter on high heat and mix it with olive oil. throw in the garlics and fry for roughly 1 minute before adding in the onions. continue frying both until they turn sort of golden brown.
- throw in the sliced mushrooms and continue stir frying for another 1 minute.
- now add in canola oil. after the oil heats up suffiently, add in the uncooked rice. stir fry for 3 minutes, making sure the rice is thoroughly coated with oil.
- add in the mushroom soup. continue stirring till the mushroom soup is absorbed.
- add in the chicken stock slowly, 1 cup at a time until the stock is absorbed. continue till there is no more stock left. by now, the rice should be soft yet firm. sprinkle salad herbs and freshly ground pepper to taste.
for those who would like to try it, do leave me a note and let me know if it’s nice. i’d like to know how else this could be improved. thanks!